Since this site is open to the public, it should be noted that the select jobs listed here are primarily located in the San Francisco Bay Area and, in some cases, on the California State University East Bay Hayward Hills campus. New opportunities will be added to the top of the list as they come in.
Math/ STEM Lab Learning Assistant (LAs) for the Spring 2021 Semester
- Employer: College of Science
- Location: CSUEB
- Application Deadline: December 4th, 2020
- Brief Description: College of Science is is seeking undergraduate LAs in BIOL 270, HSC 315, PHYS 125 & 136, and STAT 100. These students should be undergraduates students enrolled at CSUEB, have minimum of 3.0 GPA (cumulative), and Earned a grade of “B” or higher in the course to which applying.
- This is a great opportunity to gain tutoring experience. They are looking for undergrad students with strong academic record, good communication skills, and passion to help others.
- For More Information: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- To Apply: Click here.
Biology/Life Science Tutors for the Spring 2021 Semester
- Employer: Project IMPACT CSUEB
- Location: LI 2550 CSUEB Library Complex Hayward, CA.
- Brief Description: Project IMPACT is looking for Biology/Life Science Tutors for the Spring 2021 Semester. These students should be interested in part-time employment tutoring students with disabilities on campus. They must be able to tutor in the lower division core units of the undergraduate major such as Life Science (introductory level Biology courses and CHEM 110, 111 & 112. (Ability to tutor in CHEM 161 & 162 and organic chemistry is a plus).
This is a great opportunity to gain educational leadership experience and exposure to assistive technology.
They are looking for Junior and Senior level students or graduate students who have a strong academic record, good communication skills, and an enthusiasm for learning. Any interested students can email resumes and unofficial transcripts to email@example.com.
- For More Information: See file below.
- To Apply: Click here.
|File Size:||126 kb|
STEM Teacher (Part Time) - Job # 3005871
- Application Deadline: December 31, 2020 at 5:00p
- Employer: TinkerTech
- Location: Tahoe City, CA
- Brief Description: Are you creative, curious and organised? Do you love tinkering with maker projects, code and robots? Would you want to lead classes for children ages 3-12 exploring the latest tech tools through hands-on activities?
TinkerTech is a STEM education company teaching a variety of STEM, Maker, artistic, and engineering concepts to students from Kindergarten to 8th Grade. We program simple robots, code in Scratch, explore simple circuits with leds, make simple machines with crafting materials, and build vehicles out of Lego and circuitcubes. If you would like to work teaching after-school enrichment in California, get in touch!
We are hiring Educators who are Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math enthusiasts to teach our classes, in-school workshops and summer camps. Apply for this part-time position to be part of a great team delivering our fun STEAM program of hands-on activities and projects.
- For More Information: Click here.
Synthetic Biology Apprenticeship
- Deadline to Apply: January 8th, 2021.
- Key Info: Octant is looking for our Fall 2021 class of SynBio Apprentices! Whether you're excited about startups, working in industry, or planning on going to graduate school, you're motivated by Octant’s mission to engineer biology to rationalize drug discovery. As part of the Octant team, you’ll learn from some of the top scientists in synthetic biology and chemistry while helping move the state of our technology forward. You love working in the lab, are organized, and take pride in your work. You thrive on getting things done, are eager to trouble-shoot random tasks that arise in startups, and can navigate the uncertainty of an ever-changing and fast-paced environment.
As a SynBio Apprentice (SBA) at Octant, you’ll:
• Work closely with a scientist mentor to support and expand Octant’s synthetic biology technology and next generation sequencing drug screening platform.
• Participate in technical workshops and learn skills such as analyzing data in R, flow cytometry, mammalian tissue culture, cutting edge molecular cloning techniques, high-throughput chemical synthesis, and more.
• Experience the multiple facets of a startup including recruiting and discussing scientific strategy.
• Expand your network with other startups, academic programs, and investors during network events and monthly fireside chats.
- For More Info: Check out the attached flyer.
- To Apply: Have questions? Interested in applying? Please send a resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 8th 2021 and check out our SynBio Apprenticeship blogposts here and here!