Since this site is open to the public, it should be noted that the select jobs listed here are primarily located in the San Francisco Bay Area and, in some cases, on the California State University East Bay Hayward Hills campus. New opportunities will be added to the top of the list as they come in.
Diez Lab Research Technician (University of California, Riverside)
- Application Deadline: October 1, 2019 for full consideration.
- Sponsored by: Diez Lab
- Location: Diez Lab, University of California, Riverside
- Brief Description: We are hiring a research technician to work on a project focused on how species phenological differences, pollinators, soil communities, and/or climate variability mediate coexistence and invasion in plant communities. The position is based in the Diez Lab (http://diezecology.com) at the University of California, Riverside, and ideal for someone with a bachelor's degree contemplating graduate school and looking for research experience. The work will involve a mixture of field work, computer work, and greenhouse experiments.
Qualifications: Experience and/or interest in the following are highly desirable: field ecology, California flora (or ability to learn), and programming in R. Required are: sharp critical thinking and organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to work well alone and in teams, a valid driver's license, enthusiasm / ability to work long field days in desert-like conditions and willingness to spend some nights at research field stations.
Position: This is a full-time position (40 hours/week), paying approx. $3250 / month plus benefits through the University of California. The position start-date is January 2019, but can be flexible, and duration is a minimum of 6 months but renewable up to two years.
- To Apply: please email me (email@example.com) your CV, a brief description of your past research and coursework experience in ecology, your interest in the position, and contact information for 2 references.
California Outdoor Educator (Temporary/Seasonal)
- Application Deadline: The first round of consideration begins October 1, 2019 .
- Company: Avid4Adventure
- Location: Palo Alto, California
- Brief Description: Avid4 Adventure, has been voted one of Outside Magazine’s Best Places to Work, for the past 4 years and counting! Avid empowers kids to choose active and healthy lifestyles in the outdoors! We are hiring Outdoor Educators to work with youth pre-K through 7th grade, in CALIFORNIA, summer 2020! Come spend your summer, in beautiful state parks, inspiring kids through: mountain biking, rock climbing, kayaking, stand up paddle boarding and learning survival skills! We provide all sport-training for our staff! Relevant outdoor and teaching certifications/degrees qualify applicants for increased compensation. Instructors are the cornerstone of our team, providing support, mentorship, and instruction to our youth with enthusiasm and passion.
STEM Teacher (Part Time) - Job # 3005871
- Application Deadline: December 31, 2020 at 5:00p
- Employer: TinkerTech
- Location: Tahoe City, CA
- Brief Description: Are you creative, curious and organised? Do you love tinkering with maker projects, code and robots? Would you want to lead classes for children ages 3-12 exploring the latest tech tools through hands-on activities?
TinkerTech is a STEM education company teaching a variety of STEM, Maker, artistic, and engineering concepts to students from Kindergarten to 8th Grade. We program simple robots, code in Scratch, explore simple circuits with leds, make simple machines with crafting materials, and build vehicles out of Lego and circuitcubes. If you would like to work teaching after-school enrichment in California, get in touch!
We are hiring Educators who are Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math enthusiasts to teach our classes, in-school workshops and summer camps. Apply for this part-time position to be part of a great team delivering our fun STEAM program of hands-on activities and projects.
- For More Information: Click here.