The Stanford Cardiovascular Institute (CVI) 10-week Summer Research Program
- Application Deadline: January 15th, 2021
- Program Dates: 10 weeks between June and August 2020
- Sponsored by: The Stanford Cardiovascular Institute (CVI)
- Location: N/A (In person or Virtual)
- General Information: The Stanford Cardiovascular Institute (CVI) is offering a 10-week Summer Research Program in Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Medicine for Undergraduate students. Summer research students will have the opportunity to work on an independent research project in the labs of Stanford faculty. No prior research experience is required. Students are expected to work 40hours/week to research and career development activities during the course of this program.
- Applicants must be a US Citizen, Permanent Resident, or holder of one of the following visas: F-1, H1, H1B, J1, PR, TC or TN
- To qualify for the program, you must be entering at least your second year of an undergraduate degree program in Fall 2021. Individuals graduating from an undergraduate degree program in Spring/Summer 2021 are also eligible.
- Stipend: $6000 0r $8000 depending on whether the program is virtual or in-person
- To Apply: Click here.
- For any questions, please feel free to contact email@example.com.
Stanford Medicine Medical Scribe Fellowship (COMET)
- Deadline to Apply: February 15, 2021.
- Program Dates: June 1, 2021 - June 24, 2022.
- Key Info: Medical scribing is a unique opportunity for prospective healthcare students to observe and participate directly in-patient care. Stanford’s Medical Scribe Fellowship, also known as Clinical Observation and Medical Transcription (COMET), is a one-year post-baccalaureate program designed for highly motivated students interested in pursuing a career in the health professions. Fellows are trained in medical terminology and clinical documentation. They work side-by-side with faculty physicians as experience medical scribes, seeing patients together at Stanford Healthcare Clinics.
We are looking for candidates who are academically strong, with excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, who are looking for an intensive direct patient care experience before applying to medical school, physician assistant school, nursing school, or other graduate school in the healthcare field. Scribing is an unparalleled way to build clinical experience and be immersed in medicine. The COMET Fellowship provides fellows with invaluable career mentorship from faculty physicians, as well as the opportunity to engage in research or other scholarly pursuits.
- For More Info: Click here or see attached flyer.
- To Apply: Click here.
Please Return as More Information Will be Posted as it Becomes Available...