Upcoming Events and Workshops
MiMentor: Medical School Ready! Series
- Date: TBA
- Submission Deadline: TBA
- Brief Description: Are you planning on applying to medical school or PA school in 2019 or 2020? Do you need help with your application? Do you think the support of a group or mentor would help you through the process of applying? If you answered yes to any of the questions, then this program is for you! The MSR is a year long program focused on guiding and preparing premedical students throughout the medical school application proess. There are monthly workshops that each focus on different aspects of the application cycle.
- For More Information: Click here.
CSU Summer Symposium and Grad Fair at UCLA
- Date: August 14, 2018 (From 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm)
- Application deadline: If you want to present, RSVP by July 30th here. If you do not want to present but still want to attend the conference then please complete this survey by July 30th.
- Location: Geffen Hall (B36) at UCLA
- Key Info: The Graduate Programs in Bioscience is proud to host the third annual CSU Summer Symposium and Graduate Fair at UCLA! This event will feature a Graduate Fair and Poster Session. During the graduate fair CSU participants will have a chance to meet various STEM graduate programs and faculty and receive information pertaining to the individual programs, research, funding and campus resources. Following the grad fair, the CSU Symposium is a poster session that is meant to highlight MARC, MBRS RISE, McNair, IMSD, LSAMP, HHMI XROP, Amgen and any other students who plan to apply to STEM graduate programs in the next two years. This event is meant to allow them an opportunity network with UCLA faculty and promote their excellent research prior to their applying to graduate programs.
- You do not need to present to attend the conference. But if you want to present, presenters are required to submit a 100-250 word abstract. Confirmation of the abstract sumbitions will be sent by August 1.
- For More Information: For questions contact Dr. Diana Azurdia (Associate Director, Graduate Programs in Bioscience) at Dazurdia@mednet.ucla.edu
Health Professions Week (HPW)