UPCOMING EVENTS AND WORKSHOPS
DANTA Tropical Biology Field Courses 2018 (Methods in Primate Behavior and Conservation, Primate Behavior and Conservation, Wildlife Conservation and Sustainability)
- Date: Summer (Program dates Vary; click on the link below for more information)
- Application deadline: June 1, 2018
- Cost: Fees vary; click on the link below for more information)
- Key Info: Do you have an interest in wildlife, tropical ecology and/or conservation?
Are you looking to gain valuable field experience?
Would you like to learn about other cultures?
Would you like to learn more about yourself?
Danta is pleased to announce our 2018 field courses in tropical biology. Our course are intended for undergraduates or early graduate level students who have a keen interest in tropical ecosystems and conservation, but have little or no experience of working in a tropical environment. Participants may enroll on either a credit or non-credit basis.
DANTA operates on a cooperative and collaborative teaching model with multiple international instructors on each course. Co-instruction allows for more individualized instruction, and the sharing and appreciation of different ideas. Visiting scholars are often incorporated into the curriculum to broaden student experience. As much of our advertising is done by word-of-mouth, we encourage you to spread the word by forwarding this information to students or friends who may be interested in our programs
- For More Information: please visit our website at www.DANTA.info and/or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can find us on Facebook and Twitter. For an alumni perspective on our programs, please see our new blog DANTAisms http://dantablog.wordpress.com/.
UCF Nanotechnology Weeklong Workshop
- Date: July 29 to August 4, 2018
- Key Info: The workshop not only offers lectures, but also some hands on experience to the students. They are particularly interested in recruiting students who may be interested in graduate studies (MS or Ph.D.) at UCF. The workshop will provide a limited number of scholarships to undergraduate student attendees. The travel award will cover six nights of lodging on the UCF campus with a registration fee waiver. This one-week long workshop is designed to provide the attendees with a broad view of industrial applications of nanotechnology through a concentrated program that includes both lectures and hands-on experiences. The lectures are given by a mix of academic faculty and industrial scientists, directors and managers with years of experience and funded research projects in nanotechnology product development.
- For More Information: Click here.