Please note that the opportunities listed below are in order of their application deadline. Be sure to look at the "program dates" to determine when the actual program takes place.
The Stanford Cardiovascular Institute (CVI) 10-week Summer Research Program
- Application Deadline: January 15th, 2021
- Program Dates: 10 weeks between June and August 2020
- Sponsored by: The Stanford Cardiovascular Institute (CVI)
- Location: N/A (In person or Virtual)
- General Information: The Stanford Cardiovascular Institute (CVI) is offering a 10-week Summer Research Program in Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Medicine for Undergraduate students. Summer research students will have the opportunity to work on an independent research project in the labs of Stanford faculty. No prior research experience is required. Students are expected to work 40hours/week to research and career development activities during the course of this program.
- Applicants must be a US Citizen, Permanent Resident, or holder of one of the following visas: F-1, H1, H1B, J1, PR, TC or TN
- To qualify for the program, you must be entering at least your second year of an undergraduate degree program in Fall 2021. Individuals graduating from an undergraduate degree program in Spring/Summer 2021 are also eligible.
- Stipend: $6000 0r $8000 depending on whether the program is virtual or in-person
- To Apply: Click here.
- For any questions, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) in Plant-Soil Ecology
- Application Deadline: ASAP
- Program Dates: 12 weeks; start date dependent on your semester schedule
- Sponsored by: The Houseman Lab
- Location: Wichita State University
- General Information: The Houseman Lab at Wichita State University has a summer REU position for 2020. This project focuses on plant-soil interactions in response to a soil fungus that affects native prairie species and numerous agricultural crops. An ideal candidate should have an interest in soil and/or plant ecology.
- Stipend: $8000 for approximately 12 weeks with start date dependent on you semester schedule.
- To Apply: Send a letter of interest, CV, and names of three potential references to Greg Houseman at email@example.com .